Providers are required to present a copy of their Notice of Privacy Practices (NPP) to their patients. This notice outlines how OHHP uses and discloses information and explains patients’ rights under the HIPAA Privacy regulations.
The NPP provides the following information:
- Informs patients of their rights
- Explains OPPH’s responsibilities under the law
- Uses & Disclosures of their protected health information
- Outline the process for patients to gain access to their medical records and request amendments to their health information
- Include a statement informing patients that OPPH will not use or disclose their protected health information for purposes not listed in the notice without the patient’s authorization
- List the purposes for which OPPH will disclose protected health information without patient’s authorization
- List the person or persons within the practice who will receive complaints and/or be available to respond to any questions
We have provided a copy of our “Notice of Privacy Practices”
for you to review on line or print a copy for your review.